Mohlabetsi Mulligatawny Soup
One of the world’s finest soups, from India! A mildly curried broth , garnished with rice & apple.
- 1/2 cup cooked chicken, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 granny smith apple, diced
- 1/2 cup boiled rice
- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 teaspoons flour
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 125 ml cream, heated
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- Pinch of dried thyme
- 5 ml salt
- 2 ml pepper
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan and sauté the onion, carrot and celery in it until lightly browned
- Remove from the stove and stir in the flour and curry powder until well blended
- Return the saucepan to the stove and cook for 3 minutes, stirring all the time
- Add the chicken stock and simmer covered for 30 minutes
- Add the apple, rice, chicken, salt, pepper and thyme and simmer for a further 15 minutes 6. Stir in the hot cream and serve immediately
The many creatures that have made Mohlabetsi their home invite you to join them in their world. We will respond to your booking enquiry promptly and would love to welcome you to our Lodge! Our hospitable staff is on hand to ensure a stay to be savoured and remembered forever.
Jacques and Nina invite you to experience the magic of Mohlabetsi. Situated in the vast Balule Nature Reserve, which is part of the Greater Kruger National Park, this is Africa at its very best! A timeless place in the heart of wild Africa where nature rules and we are fascinated observers.
Mohlabetsi is the local African name for a small stream or “spruit” that flows here. It means “Place of Sweet Water” and weary pilgrims would be drawn to this wonderful location to enjoy refreshment.
© Copyright 2023 Mohlabetsi Safari Lodge